.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Welcome to Emma's Place
<-- Main Content Area (This shows background image) -->
My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

This site is to help share stories and photos of our family.

Thursday, August 25, 2005

We got it.. we got it... we got it... we got it...

My post of JOY.... yeah..... we officially have our I71 in hand. Today at work I was getting so mad about not recieving it yet I was fuming. I tried to call the UCIS... of course no human available. I wrote a letter to them complaining. Little did I know that precious little piece of paper would be waiting patiently for me in the mailbox this afternoon. I did not even want to check the mail when I got home. I told Alex (my thirteen yr old) to go check it. I went on in the house. He didn't say anything so I just assumed .. nothing... again... So he put the mail on the island and walked off. I glanced down at the envelopes... thinking.. well maybe tommorow. Then I see the words Homeland Security at the top left corner of an envelope... I yelled ... we got it ... we got ... it... I jumped up and down.. not really believing it. I gently opened it and continued to carry on.. Alex, Aaron( my nine yr old) and Daisy (my doggie) all looked at me like I had gone totally nuts... I told Alex he was good luck for checking the mail.. then Aaron was mad because he wanted to be the one to bring luck... nothing will dampen the joy. I cannot believe it. 66 Days later we actually have that LAST piece of paper to be able to reach the DTC place... Ahhhh I thought the day would never come. It seems like this has been going on for so long and then again it seems like we started only yesterday.
Of course I immediately called Tom and yelled and jumped up and down again. He is so glad to have it. We both are scrambling to find the best way to get that piece of gold to downtown Louisville, then to Frankfort ,, on to Washington D.C.,, Back to Colorado to CCAI and then ... drumroll please...... off to China. Of course the next big relief will be our LID. I just feel like sighing a big sigh of relief that one more huge step has been taken. It feels so real having that paper right in front of me. Well I better stop gushing and get Aaron off to football practice. I wonder how many people I can tell there???
Kelly.... (thrilled to death)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home